Where can I find Christmas markets in Rome?
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by Milestone Rome.
- 19 October 2015 at 16:47 #4213
Where and when?
- 11 January 2016 at 16:48 #4214
Rome is full of markets and especially during the Christmas holidays some piazzas become populated by luminous carousels and colorful stands. Nevertheless, be aware that not everywhere you’ll find characteristic markets able to embellish the beautiful settings of Rome, nor supplied in particular with good quality products. So we’ll try to spot the ones deserving your attention. [UPDATED on 14 December 2015]
• The most renowned one is the Christmas market in piazza Navona, programmed to be staged until the 6th of January, when a specific and traditional party for children usually takes place to celebrate the Epiphany. 26 November – 6 January, 10.00 am – 1.00 am (weekdays), 10.00 am – 2.00 am (weekends). The programmed Christmas market in piazza Navona has been unexpectedly canceled this year 2015 due to a complicated situation between Rome municipality and the stands owners.
In alternative to the market in piazza Navona, other markets/exposition stands will be set up here and there:
• Mercatino di Natale in piazza Mazzini. Open between 2-27 December, 10.00 am – 9.00 pm (closed on 25 December);
• Natale a ponte Milvio (at ponte Milvio). Open between 8 December – 6 January, 9.30 am – 10.00 pm;
• Natale all’Auditorium is the name of the event taking place at the Auditorium Parco della Musica (via Pietro de Coubertin 28), where an ice rink, artisan stands, performances and other initiatives are organized between 8 December – 10 January (ice rink timetable from 16 December: 10.00 am – 00.00 am everyday, 10.00 am – 4.00 pm on 24 December, 3.00 pm – 00.00 am on 25 December, 12.00 am – 00.00 am on 1 January);
• Arti & Mestieri, a market where to find artisanal products and Italian food, located at the Nuova Fiera di Roma (via Portunese 1645, it takes about 20 minute to get there by regional train from Rome center). Running a few days at 2.00 pm – 10.00 pm on 17 December, 10.00 am – 10.00 pm on 18-20 December (free entrance).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.